Tuesday 26 January 2010

New Year, new vocation?…

Happy 2010 everybody! I hope those resolutions are holding up to scrutiny!

Blog derbyshire wedding photographer 4a

The New Year has brought some much-needed calm on the ‘ATP’ front – it’s great to relax a little after the festive season’s excess. Although I’ve not had much in the way of photoshoots since Christmas, I’m amazed by the number of enquiries I’m getting for weddings; I guess everyone’s searching for that next thing to look forward to! Some weekends this summer are already looking a bit chocka so if you’re thinking of giving me a bell to have a quick chat, don’t delay.

And now for something completely different… I’ve always had an appreciation for good design, whether it’s book covers, poster art or company logos. Wholly unintentionally, I’ve found myself doing a couple of graphic design commissions this month. Graphic design uses a lot of the same Photoshop skills as editing photographs but in some ways is more challenging as you have to start with a completely blank canvas. It’s very enjoyable all the same and who knows – maybe ‘Adam Turner Photography & Design’ is a potential progression?… Here’s one of my designs; let me know what you think.

CosmoPOLYtan_Flyer

No comments:

Post a Comment